Monday, May 13, 2013

Bike Inner Tube Replacement

  I love to ride my bike! The kind of bike I have is a foreign kind. I really need to up grade it. I am not an expert at bike repair, though it is a necessity, I find (because my tire always bursts) to be able to do by ones self, that is inner tube replacement.


  1. Asess the tire. Yup, it still has that flat that it gotten some from odd reason.
  2. Loosen with a wrench. Left is to loosen and right is to tighten.
  3. Remove the entire wheel of the frame.
  4. Have a special tool for this type of job comes in handy. This tool hooks on to the spoke as one takes its similar pair and runs the hook end along the tire, removing it from the rim.  
  5. Remove the inner-tube from the rim (I like to save it for extra repair patches or maybe a protective layer to improve my skateboard shoes).
  6. Insert the new inner-tube by first putting the schraeder (air-tip) through the rim hole and work your way up the rim by hands.
  7. Place the special tool(or a flathead screw driver) carefully inbetween the tire and the rim so it will be held in. Slip the tire back into the rim (either the special tool, the flathead screw driver, or both), to put the last bit of tire into the rim(carefully).  
  8. Place the tire back on the frame. In this case the tire that was in need of repair was the rear(the front wheel does not need adjustment). Hand tighten a little and make sure that the wheel is centered  along with the frame and taught enough in the chain. Tighten up the bolt once the wheel is in a good position.
  9. I like to fill the inner-tube with half air and roll it on the ground to loosen up the tire if it was twisted a bit. Then I fill the tire up untill it is good to ride.
    There it is folks! As good as new! :) Thank you very much! Eric M. Rangel


No comments:

Post a Comment