Thursday, January 10, 2013

The Great Tree of Tangerines by Eric M. Rangel


 Hello. In this land that I live in grows a Great Tree of Tangerines. The maritime weather brings in the dewy mist of sea and salt that brushes and collects on the tree. The bright California sun drenches its rays upon it. The graceful rains shed its blessing on to this tree and soak into it's roots that run deep into the ground. I get a calling when it is time to harvest these sweet gems. This time a request was made from the Queen Empiress to find the ripest and truest tangerine. I set upon to do just so!


The higher ones get the most sun so they grow the largest.

 
 It took some acumen and a stead fast pace to race the sunset. I picked most of the tangerines off the great tree. About three hundred. Then I saw it the perfect tangerine! "It must be it! Oh, it must be!", I said. I collected it off its branch. A high one it was! This fruit was not the largest, nor the smallest. Just right I'd say. Then I had accomplish my best in the search for the ripest and truest tangerine. I think I did well. Hence the Great Tree of Tangerines begins another cycle.

No comments:

Post a Comment