Monday, December 23, 2013

The Dj Me

 
 Hello. One of my most favorite endeavors this past year was Dj-ing at a local radio station over the summer. I really enjoyed it because I love to play my selection of music that is the most new and motivating to me. Songs that inspire me to dance and just be more energetic overall. Being a staff member and having a slot to play my selection of music at a standard grade radio station (using an Audioarts D-75 Digital Audio Console), pushed me to strive and find the newest and most enthralling music possible. I was and mostly always am in need of finding new and more innovating music then the last. A lot of songs stay enticing to me though some kind of loose their meaning and I have to search for new songs to keep the couple of hours well and full of energy. I guess I like to play music that will have people happy and motivated to get exercise, even if it is just to go out side and get some fresh air. The summers in the California Bay Area are pretty nice, so going outside for a walk does not take that much encouragement though. I hosted a mid-afternoon slot in hopes of being able to at least intern at a well know local alternative radio station in San Fransico. The radio station despite my active listener-ship for most of my teenage life and much thereafter, said that they did not have any positions available. This was my all and for what it was, I can not complain. Now I know that I may not be what the radio world is looking for but I am not going to let that stop me searching for music that makes me happy. I changed my prospects as far as careers. If I really think about it, the radio personalities actually do lots of work and I am not sure if I am witty enough to fill that spot. At least I did my best and had lots of fun doing so! Thank you very much! Eric M. Rangel

No comments:

Post a Comment