Thursday, June 26, 2014

Healthy Vegan Meals: Pistachio, Edamame, and Purple Cabbage Coleslaw

 Hello. I would like to mention this recipe I put together. Someone may have used these same ingredients though I have looked at at least 30 different kinds of coleslaws and they all kind of varied. So I used my years of experience experimenting in the culinary field, and my imagination, to compose a slaw that was unlike any I had seen before and omitting the ingredients, I thought might not be palatable for those who have similar interest in my taste. I had not seen any recipes with pistachios, that of a nut is super rich in flavor and high in nutrients. Nor have I seen edamame bean used. I had my doubts. Though when I took a bite, it was instantaneous satisfaction! :) I wanted to make it again, right after I finished eating the salad! I could feel my body laughing with glee from the amount of satiating nourishment derived from the "raw" ingredients! That is going to be a goal of mine, to use more "raw" ingredients in my recipes, just to note. Raw is a way of preparing foods that have not been processed and mostly gearing toward organic. The idea is that the fundamental nutrient composite is not lost in the cooking process, thus adding to a more maximum adequacy in the assimilation in the body creating more energy to use and boosting ones immune system.  Any food that is cooked above 104-120 degrees is not considered "raw" anymore. This subject is for a another time. That and not to mention smoothies! :) Though for now here is a simple recipe to conjure! :)


Vegan Pistachio, Edamame, and Purple Cabbage Coleslaw

Ingredients:
3 tbsp Vegan Mayonnaise
1/4 cup lime juice
1/4 cup pistachios
2 cups purple cabbage
1/2 cup carrots
1/2 cup edamame

 Boil a pot of water and cook the edamame for about 10-15 minutes or until fork tender. Meanwhile, in a mixing food processor, puree the mayonnaise, lime juice, and the pistachios. It should have a consistency of a dip, though more viscous then not. Set aside. Rinse and prepare the vegetables in to length wise cuts. The vegetables are pretty hearty in and of themselves, so I like to prepare them thin. Strain and rinse the edamame a bit to cool them. In a mixing bowl add all of the ingredients with salt and pepper to taste. Mix. garnish with whole pistachios.

Thank You very much! :) I do hope you enjoy this scrumptious salad! :)

Sincerely, Eric M. Rangel






No comments:

Post a Comment