Tuesday, June 3, 2014

How I made: Vegan Mozzerella and Spinach Lasagna


 Hello. I am starting to be more critical in my presentations of culinary works so I think I could try and make a book of sorts. In such case I will need more dinner wear and I am not talking about clothes. So I had gotten this new square dinner plate, made some Lasgna! :) I do my best to create something new, fun, and healthy! :)

Ingredients:
1 Jar of basil tomato sauce (organic
1 Package of Lasagna noodles
Vegan cheese
1 package of spinach

Materials:  8*8 glass oven proof baking dish

 Boil up some water to cover the noodles when placed inside. I used four at the base and second level, and for the third I only used three Lasagna noodles. That is 12 pieces into the boiling water.
Place the Lasagna noodles in the water to soften until "al dente".



 You may find that the noodles are to long to fit into the baking dish, if so, cut them to length. I like to spoon some sauce on the bottom of the baking dish with some grape seed oil so the bottom layer will not stick.



 Place the first layer of noodle into the baking dish over lapping one another.


Add a layer of spinach,

















 then the tomato basil sauce (organic),

and then the vegan cheese.


















Repeat by starting with another layer of noodle. When the third layer of noodle is placed (I only used three at the top), only add sauce and top with the cheese. *Save some sauce for plating.



 Place the spinach and cheese lasagna in a 475 degree oven for 7 minutes, with the rack on the bottom slot, to cook the spinach and marry the flavors.




 Then the oven is set on broil, the dish is then placed on the second from the top slot to "au gratin" a bit, about four minutes.



After the Lasagna dish has been baked and broiled, place it on a safe surface to cool and set a little, so the layers are more firm.



 Take a nice plate and have some fun and decorate the plate with the remaining sauce. Place a piece of the done Lasagna gently onto the plate. Finish with parsley to garnish! :)


Thank you very much! :) Eric M. Rangel


No comments:

Post a Comment