Friday, December 28, 2012

D.I.Y dye paint and stencil sho



 Hello! I have been decorating my own shoes for about 2 years now. I am always finding new ways to improve the ability to express myself. When I find a new way to go about it, even if it just a small detail, it makes that much more difference and coming closer toward perfection. The goal here is to have fun!

Materials: White cotton shoes, water in a bucket, spray paint, stencil, paint pen, news paper (for work space), dye.

Directions:


  1. Tape of souls of shoes to keep a cleaner look.
  2. Soak shoes in water and drain excess water from shoes.
  3. Apply generous amounts of dye to your liking and dry.
  4. Rinse the excess dye from shoes and dry.
  5. Splat multiple colors of paint and dry.
  6. Make a neat stencil and spray it on and dry. 



 

There it is in a nutshell! One now has a super colorful and fun pair of shoes! I reckon it is quite a mess, so I use the newspaper to lay down over the work space. The one thing I would like to improve is the saturation of the dye color. Most dye kits come with soda ash that helps the dye take into the fabric. All it could use now are some colorful laces and they are set!

Thank you very much!
 Eric M. Rangel

No comments:

Post a Comment