Saturday, December 29, 2012

Warm Breeze Biscuits (Vegan)

  Hello! This is my Warm Breeze Biscuit (cookie)! It was a lot of fun to make! There is not much else to do I suppose in the wee hours of the morning. This is more of an experimental recipe. There still needs to be some tweaking. For the most part they turned out well. I have used vegetable margarine though I do not tend to use it in my everyday cooking because it is just not as healthy as a good olive oil or grape seed oil that is the best thus far. I did not also include baking soda that helps with the leavening because of the flavor. I did not flatten them enough so they came out kind of  raw. I will continue to experiment in my kitchen and make sure to flatten the dough so they are more like discs instead of balls (this will derease the bake time to 15 to 20 minutes). I think the best part about this recipe are the Maraschino Cherries, my fave!

 Tools: Baking sheet, measuring cup and spoon, mixing bowls, wooden spoon.

 Ingredients:

¼  Cup of Vanilla

½  Cup of Macadamia Nuts

2 Bananas (Organic)

13 Maraschino Cherries

1 ½ Cup of All Purpose Flour

¼ Cup Vegetable Margarine

¼ Cup of sugar (brown & white mix)

 Recipe is as follows:

 1.      Preheat oven to 375 degreese fahrenheit (190 dregreese celsius).


2.      Place Macadamia nuts, sugar, and flour in a bowl and mix.

 
3.      Place banana, vegetable margarine, and vanilla in another bowl and cream them together ith a wooden spoon.

4.      Take thirteen Maraschino cherries, remove the stem, and chop into small piece. Mix the cherries into the flour.

5.      Add the wet to the dry and incorperate with the wooden spoon at first then when it mostly a ball then work with the hands (but not too much because the gluten is not to be overworked for it makes the dough more tough).

 
6.      Place as many dough pieces as possible at a desired circumference on a buttered baking sheet, making sure they are flat enough to bake through.
 

7.      Place them in the oven for 20 – 25 minutes.
 
 

8.      Remove them from the oven and let them cool. The cooling process also allows any excess moister to evaporate.
 

 Personally I love to bake and even more so when it is all finished to find that it does in fact taste good. I find baking to be more of a science though and I do understand it is a trial and error basis when baking, especially when one is coming up with their own recipes!!:) Enjoy!

Thank you very much!
Eric M. Rangel

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment