Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Love Cats


Hello. This is my first blog. Eric's Art Creative uses different mediums of Art to express and share. So with that aside. This is my very first kitten called, "Vampire Kitten". He first came about from a study that I was drawing of a cat that was to be in the back ground of an acrylic painting on a wood panel. I liked the study so much I continued to draw and make him into a character to give him more personality. This includes their hair, wardrobe, and type of cat( tabby, calico, white, black, tortoiseshell shell, etc. )! I enjoyed drawing and creating him so much that I kept drawing different kinds of kittens!     

Monster Truck Kitten


Twin Kittens
Breakfast Kitten
Jogger Kitten



Future Kitten
Homecoming Queen
Clown Kitten
Moon Kitten
Root beer Float Date Kittens
 Then I wanted to draw more of a scenic portrayal with the cats and did so with the Merry Christmas spread.       



Santa Kitten
I liked the fact that Santa Kitten was in motion. Something was actually happening! The next logical step for me was to create a comic strip. The first comic strip is of Knight Kitten. He play fights a friendly dragon to impress thee princess. The dialogue is interesting to come up with. I like it because it reminds me of writing a script for a movie! That is pretty much the same process when creating a story board.
Knight Kitten
  I had to think of a name to call my comics of kittens! In my second comic strip I titled the comic, "Love Cats". I know there is not any correct way to draw a comic per say though I try to keep it close to the form found in the funnies section of the news paper.  In this occurrence I had broaden the range of motion and start to make the Cats more animate.
Moon Kitten
This is the latest of my Love Cats comic strip. I have just gotten a new light table and art supplies so I am so ready to keep the art coming!

Thank you very much!
 Eric M. Rangel    

No comments:

Post a Comment